Last Updated On: 16 July 2019
Our email communications to you, which may include direct marketing, will need your consent via an opt-in. If we ask for your email address, we will make it clear what you’ll be receiving. If you are not satisfied with how we contact you, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To modify or withdraw your consent, see the section titled “Your Choices and Rights” below for more information.
What data we collect
When accessing the site, we collect information about you. Some data we collect for our own, internal use, which makes us a ‘data controller’. Some data we collect on behalf of third-party companies that provide various services to help us serve you better, making them a ‘data processor’. In both cases, the collected data is used for a variety of functional, performance, statistical, and marketing purposes.
Some of that data is self-reported, meaning you type it in yourself into various forms. The rest of the data is automatically collected in the background as you undertake various activities on the site.
Self-reported data we collect includes:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your billing address
- Your payment information
- Your entered search terms
Automatically collected data we collect includes:
- Your IP address
- Your access device type, browser type and version, operating system, and screen resolution
- The specific pages viewed on the site and information about the timing, frequency, and pattern of your use of the site including pages viewed before and after the current page
- The specific areas within a given page that you click on or scroll to
- The names of your social media accounts
- The products of ours that you view or purchase
- The products from our affiliate partners that you view or purchase
When and why we collect data
- When you access the site and view our content, we collect your:
- IP Address, so we can identify your city and country and see where most of our visitors come from in order to tailor our content effectively, so that we can count our unique and repeat visitors, and so that our advertising partners can improve the effectiveness and relevance of their ads
- Specific pages viewed and information about the timing, frequency, and patterns of your use of the site including pages viewed before and after the current page so that we can make improvements to the Site’s content and navigation
- When you search via the site’s search bar, we collect your:
- Search terms so we know what you’re looking for
- Specific pages viewed and information about the timing, frequency, and patterns of your use of the site including pages viewed before and after the current page so that we can make improvements to the Site’s search capabilities
- When you make a comment on the site, we collect your:
- Email address so you can receive notification of responses to your comment (Making a comment on the site will NOT add you to any marketing emails)
- Name to publically display along with your comment, although this doesn’t have to be your full or legal name
- IP address in order to help control spam and abusive comments with the help of tools that block repeat offenders
- When you click a social media share, pin, or like button, we collect your:
- Social media account name to pass to the social media platform so they can record and display your action on your social profile
- When you contact us via email from the Contact Us page, we collect your:
- Email address so we can respond to your inquiry (Submitting a question in this manner does NOT add you to any marketing emails)
- When you sign up for our email newsletter, we collect your:
- Email address so we can send relevant informational content and resources to you, including some marketing information about our products or the products of affiliate companies we work with
- When you purchase a product/service from us, we collect your:
- Email address so that we can provide you with an emailed receipt, send you the download links for your purchases, look up your order information, follow up with you to ensure your purchase was satisfactory, and send relevant informational content and resources to you, including some marketing information about our products or the products of affiliate companies we work with
- Payment information so that our payment processor can accept your payment in exchange for the products or services you want to buy
- Billing address if required for the method of payment you select
- When you click an affiliate link from a company we partner with, we collect your:
- IP Address so that our partners know you if you return to their website after your first visit and make a purchase of one of their products or services
How we share data
We respect your privacy regarding information we collect from you on the site, and we don’t share any of your data publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law or as otherwise expressed in this document. We also do not sell any of your collected data.
When possible and practical, your data is anonymized or aggregated before being shared. For example, Google Analytics changes the last few numbers of your IP address to zeros.
Note that if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), your information will be transferred outside of Europe to the United States where we and many of our third-party providers are located.
We may share your Data with the following groups for the following reasons:
- Our employees and professional advisors: To ensure the proper administration of the site
- Law enforcement and government authorities: To facilitate the detection of crime, to comply with legal requirements, or to assist in the collection of taxes
- Parties involved in connection with a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, acquisition, dissolution or similar event: To ensure the continuity of services provided by the site
In addition, we share data with the following Third Party Services to enhance the site:
- Tracking and Analytics: Google Analytics, LiquidWeb Hosting
- Affiliate Partners: Amazon Associates, Post Affiliates Pro
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- Email and Newsletters: ConvertKit
- Advertising Partners: Mediavine
- Payment Processing: Gumroad
Note that when you purchase one of our products, technically and legally speaking, you are purchasing from our payment and fulfillment partner, Gumroad. Gumroad provides us access to your name, physical address, email address, discount codes used, affiliate referral partners you used, and the date/time of your purchase. Details about your method of payment are collected, processed, and maintained by Gumroad, and we do not have access to that data.
How we store and access your data
We use using the following technologies and methods for data collection:
- Like most professional websites, the Site uses “Cookies”. Cookies are small, often encrypted text files that the Site places on your device or computer and that often include an anonymous unique identifier. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Types of cookies we use may include:
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to the site and to see how visitors in aggregate move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the site by experimenting with new features and changes and understanding which optimizations our users appreciate the most. These cookies also enable our affiliate partners to track which of their products that you view or purchase from links on our site, or which of our products you view or purchase from links on their sites.
- Functionality Cookies: These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences, if we request them.
- Targeting Cookies. Our advertising partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to your interests. These cookies can remember that your device has visited a site or service, and may also be able to track your device’s browsing activity on other sites or services. This helps our advertising partners measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
- When we collect your data via cookies, we do so in line with the cookie settings on your browser. Discover Containers has carefully chosen the Cookies we use and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
- You can choose to delete individual Cookies at any time or disable cookies altogether in your internet browser settings. Be aware that deleting and disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. It is recommended that you leave all cookies on if you are not sure whether or not you need them, in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
- For more information about cookies including how to disable and delete them visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- Like most professional websites, the Site uses log files that record visitor actions. Log files are a standard feature of most hosting companies that collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps. This data is not linked to any other information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends and administering the site.
- “Web Beacons” or “Pixels” are small bits of code embedded in Web pages or in emails to record information about how you browse the Site. Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a Web page and to understand usage patterns. Web beacons also may be included in emails to learn if messages have been opened or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web beacons to capture information in this manner by blocking cookies and images in your browser and email clients.
How we secure and retain your data
- We use reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss and misuse. Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure and consider this when sending information to us, for example by email. We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. When we store data, we’ll protect it with commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, usage, or modification.
- If you suspect that your data has been compromised please contact us immediately as described in the ‘Contacting Us’ section.
- Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence. We will not knowingly collect personal information from minor children. If we discover that a minor child has provided us with personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to delete this information. If you have reason to believe we may have accidentally received personal information from a minor child, please immediately submit details through the email address listed below in the ‘Contacting Us’ section.
Your Choices and Rights
In accordance with the GDPR and other applicable privacy regulations, you have the following rights in reference to your data:
- The right to be forgotten, which for most people just means unsubscribing from our email newsletter and unfollowing/unliking us on any social networks. If you’re a customer, we still need to keep a record of your purchases for legal and bookkeeping purposes.
- The right to view, modify, update or delete any of the data that we have collected from you, which you can do via the ‘Contacting Us’ section.
- The right to object to or restrict how we process your data, or limit the ways in which we can use it, which you can do via the ‘Contacting Us’ section. For Google Analytics specifically, you can opt out of the aggregated tracking they provide for us with this browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Changes to this Policy
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or want more information about our privacy practice, you may contact our Privacy Compliance Officer / Data Protection Officer.
Visit our Contact Us page
Via Postal Mail:
501 South 5th Avenue
Mansfield, Texas, United States 76063